Date of last revision: 29/03/18
We take your privacy very seriously. Please read this privacy statement (“Notice”) carefully as it contains important information about how your personal information will be used.
- About us. For the purposes of data protection legislation, the “controller” is We are Acuity Limited incorporated in England and Wales under company number 06752739 and having its registered office address at 39 The Metro Centre, Tolpits Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 9SB i.e. this is the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data (“we”). If you would like to contact us in relation to this Notice please send an email to email@example.com.
- Business Representatives. This Notice uses the term “Business Representative” to refer to an individual who communicates with us in his or her capacity as an employee or representative of one of our business clients. This Notice uses the term “you” to refer to an individual whose personal data we process.
- Information we collect from you. When you contact us, for example by email or telephone, we may collect certain personal information from you including:
3.1. your contact details (such as your name, email address and telephone number);
3.2. the company name that you work for and your job title;
3.3. other personal information that you provide to us.
- Information about you from other sources.
4.1. If you are a Business Representative, we may receive personal information about you from the company that you work for or represent, for example your business contact details.
4.2. If you are a job applicant applying for a job with us, we may receive personal information about you from third parties such as recruitment agents and your referees that is relevant to your application.
- Purposes and legal bases of processing.
5.1. Legitimate Interests. We process your personal information for our legitimate business purposes, which include the following:
(a) to conduct and manage our business;
(b) to provide our services to our clients;
(c) to market directly to our clients;
(d) to respond to your queries.
5.2. Statistical or research purposes. We may anonymise your personal information and aggregate it with other information for the purposes of statistical or research purposes. We may provide such information to third parties after it has been anonymised so that it cannot be used to identify you.
5.3. Compliance with laws. We may process your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws (for example if we are required to cooperate with a police investigation pursuant to a court order).
- Who we may provide your personal information to. We may provide your personal information to the following recipients for the purposes set out in this Notice:
6.1. other companies within our group;
6.2. our employees, consultants and agents; and
6.3. law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
- Information transfers. While we are based in England, we may transfer your personal information to a location (for example to a secure server) outside the European Economic Area, where we consider it necessary or desirable for the purposes set out in this Notice. In such cases, to safeguard your privacy rights, transfers will be made to recipients to which a European Commission adequacy decision applies (this is a decision from the Commission confirming that adequate safeguards are in place for the protection of personal data), or will be carried out under standard contractual clauses that have been approved by the European Commission as providing appropriate safeguards for international personal data transfers, copies of which are available to view on the Commission’s website (https://ec.europa.eu/info/index_en).
- Data retention period. We carefully consider the personal data that we store, and we will not keep it in a form which identifies individuals for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice.
- Marketing. We store Business Representative contact details, and carry out marketing profiling activities, for direct marketing purposes. Where you have given your consent, or where we are otherwise permitted to do so, we may contact you about our products or services that may be of interest. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your information rights. We draw your attention to your following rights under data protection law: (i) the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and supplementary details about that information; (ii) the right to have inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified, (iii) the right (in certain circumstances) to have personal data that we process about you blocked, erased or destroyed; (iv) the right to object to the processing of your personal information in the ways described in clauses 5.1 (Legitimate Interests), and 9 (Marketing); and (v) the right (in certain circumstances) to request a copy of your personal data that you have provided to us, in a machine-readable format, in order for you to transmit that data to another organisation. Further information about your information rights is available on the ICO’s website: https://ico.org.uk/.
- Changes to this Notice. We may change this Notice from time to time. You should check this Notice on our website www.weareacuity.com/ regularly to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
- How to complain. If you have a complaint about the way we handle your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. In addition, you have a right to raise this concern with the UK information regulator, the ICO: https://ico.org.uk/.
- How to contact us. We welcome your feedback and questions. If you would like to contact us in relation to this Notice please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.